Home » For Parents » FAQs Parents

What Insurance Plans do you accept?

We accept Medicaid, private pay and most commercial insurances.  If you have a specific question, please contact our office at 281-921-2301 for assistance.

How do I contact Children’s Home Care about starting services?

All you need to do is call the agency office at 281-921-2301 and ask for Erik Casperson, MBA, Owner and Administrator. Erik will take your information and answer your questions. If you wish, Erik will come to your home to meet with you so that you can learn more about Children’s Home Care before you make a decision to change agencies.

Why should I choose Children’s Home Care?

Children’s Home Care is an agency owned and operated by professionals with more than 25 years experience in pediatric home care.

Children’s Home Care holds high standards for all employees at every level including a good work ethic, honesty, and integrity. We will do everything possible to meet your needs and the needs of your child. We will treat you with the respect you deserve and do everything we can to satisfy your staffing needs with caring and skilled nurses.

No agency is perfect and no agency can guarantee full staffing at all times. At Children’s Home Care we average better than 95% staffing of all available authorized hours! That is 20% higher than Texas state average of 75%. The difference is that at Children’s Home Care, we really do care about our patients and their families.  Our family cares about your family.

How do I go about changing agencies?

All you need to do is call another agency and explain your situation. You can ask for the agency representative to come to your home to meet you and your child. An agency should always be available to come to meet you.

Can I choose to change agencies?

If you have unresolved issues with your current agency, it is your right to choose another agency to assume care for your child. It is always recommended that you attempt to resolve the issues with your current provider. However, if you cannot, changing to another agency may be your best solution.

What is the difference between an Occupational Therapist and a Physical Therapist?

Although their knowledge base is similar, occupational therapists typically focus on fine motor skills (i.e. grasping, handwriting), visual-motor skills, oral motor abilities (i.e. food refusal, food selectivity, oral motor dysfunction) and sensory integration. Physical therapists are specialized in gross motor skills (i.e. rolling, sitting, crawling, walking, jumping), functional mobility skills, postural alignment (including the legs and feet), and gait (walking).

What is a PEDIATRIC Speech Therapist?

A licensed professional trained in evaluation and treatment of children with:

  • Expressive and receptive language disorders
  • Communication disorders: stuttering, voice problems, and speech delay
  • Articulation and phonological disorders
  • Cognitive skills: problem solving and reasoning
  • Social skills/behavior management
  • Oral motor and swallowing skills